Old March 19th 11, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.economics,alt.religion.christian
Bill Smith[_3_] Bill Smith[_3_] is offline

Default Solar Power to the People : Not the Corporations

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 15:11:08 -0400, Joe from Kokomo
wrote:

On 3/19/2011 1:55 PM, Bill Smith wrote:

Melting down a nuke plant was supposed to be Armageddon, but it
simply hasn't tuned out that way.

Sudden death by "Armageddon"? Maybe not...more likely slow, lingering
deaths. Just today (3/19), they said Iodine 131 was discovered in
Tokyo's city water supply. It ain't over until it's over. And with the
half-life of some of that nasty waste, it may not be over for 50,000
years or so.

Did you read the links provided, especially the one about Chernobyl?

I did not say "sudden death" nor did I imply it. I agree, it ain't
over 'til it's over, but there's certainly no point in getting
hysterical.

The point I wished to make is that as severe as accidents like
Chernobyl are, it's not as bad as some would portray it. A million
deaths? Nonsense. Compare cost/benefit ratios in terms of both lives
and money, of all the ways there are to make the power we need, and
nuclear power is looks pretty good, all things considered.

Bill Smith