Old February 25th 04, 12:54 PM
Frank Dinger

I'm new to the newsgroup and am sure that this is not the first gripe
about
SMD's, but I refuse to use them - not because I can't (at least not yet),
but because I don't want to endure the angst.

The above proves that a basic bottleneck in humans is the tendency to
resist change.
Fortunately there are also many (humans) who see change as a challenge.
I prefer to belong to the latter category and will shortly 'get into SMD' by
building a DDS VFO
(ref KG6CYN) ,be it that I am currently doing some 'home training' by
messing about with SMD components from discarded consumer electronics.
After all homebrewing electronics is and remains a great hobby.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH