Old February 26th 04, 04:34 AM
Capoot

Doug,
This is not the circuit you are thinking of but the Fremodyne is a one tube
superhet. One triode of a 12AT7 is the local oscillator, the other is a
converter/super-regenerative detector at the I.F. frequency. Several radio
manufacturers produced them as low cost fm receivers in the late 1940's.
ray

"Dougwix" wrote in message
Back in the late 60's, I built a one tube superhet from a magazine called
Elementary Electronics. I still have that radio but not the magazine. Can
anyone tell me what month and year had that project? The circuit uses a

6M11
compactron and a 1N34 detector.
Doug