Old March 22nd 11, 09:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
david david is offline

Default N to 3/8-24

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:00:34 +0000, David Griffith rearranged some
electrons to say:

K7ITM wrote:
On Mar 21, 3:35Â*pm, (David Griffith) wrote:
I'd like to modify an Arrow OSJ 146/440 to use an N connector instead
of SO239. Â*This would require an N-to-3/8"-24 stud. Â*Allen Lowe hasn't
heard of such a thing, which is why he doesn't offer that antenna with
an N-connector. Â*Does anyone here know if such a beast exists? Â*What
would it take to have some of these custom made?

I'm a bit confused about what, exactly, you want... is it something to
go from an N connector "chassis mount" socket's center pin to a 3/8-24
stud? Or some sort of adapter to go between the N series 5/8"-24
thread and a 3/8"-24 thread? A picture would probably be worth lots of
words...

See Ebay item number 380322578383. This device connects the center
conductor of an SO239 to a 3/8"-24 bolt upon which a tall nut is
screwed. To use it, you stick it up through a piece of metal (say, a
bracket), put an insulating washer on that, add the tall nut, then put a
whip adapter in the nut. I want something like that for an N-connector.

Or just use something like this with the SO-239...

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/pro...px?SKU=2020635