Old February 29th 04, 10:32 PM
xpyttl

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message

The packaging is not "impossible" - it just takes some different

techniques
to do the
soldering - read the QEX article on a DDS/PLL synthesiser in the latest
issue of QEX

I'm pretty comfortable with SOP's and can get along with a TSSOP's, although
I can't say I like it. In that article, he used TQFP's which, although I
haven't yet had the need, I suspect I can deal with. I use the same
technique for TSSOP's that he describes in the article.

But when I tried to order samples of 9854's the other day, the only choice
was BGA's. I have no clue how to deal with them. Yeah, solder paste and an
oven MAYBE, but without machine placement seems like a crap shoot.