Old April 4th 11, 08:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
mikea mikea is offline

Default hydrometer calculation

Des wrote in :
Hi I am trying to work out alcohol content. On my hydrometer at the 40
point it 6.5%. This means if it dropped to 1.000 then the alcohol
content would be 6.5%. Obviously it would not go that low. With wine
It does go below this value. I wanted to work out the alcohol content
for this but the Hydrometer does not display below 5%.

If the Starting value of the wine is 1.080 (12.8%) and it goes below
1.000 then the alcohol content would I asume be higher. Is there a
calculation that I could use. There are websites that can adjust
readings for temprature adjustment but not a SG to alcohol conversion.

Erm ...

Des, this group is for "homebrewing" of radio equipment (transmitters,
receivers, amplifiers, accessories), and has nothing to do with
fermentation or fermentation products.

--
.... from S-30 to ...

Now _there's_ a signal report you don't often enter in your log...

True... most of us are too busy running away from the electric arcs
and dodging the ball lightning :-) -- Dave Platt, in r.r.a.h