Old April 4th 11, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Solar charger noise....awareness.

On 04/04/2011 08:16 AM, m II wrote:

A fairly good write up of the noise issue with solar
regulators/chargers. There are a couple of things in the article I
disagree with, but for the most part, it's what you'd expect.

http://www.windsun.com/General/PV-EMI.htm

I was surprised to see that noise/inerference certification is missing
on a lot of the units.

mike

You really should be able to run stuff in your house directly off the
batteries. Eliminate the inverter completely. Eham dot com has some
inverter reviews.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/74

I'm going to make my ham shack PV/battery, but all the cool stuff runs
on 14 VDC already.