Old April 7th 11, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,alt.ham-radio
Henry Henry is offline

Default Reverse lookup

John from Detroit wrote:
On 4/3/2011 8:21 PM, Henry wrote:

Does anyone know of a program that allows you to put in a country name
and get the various ham prefixs that go with it? I sometimes see a new
country is going to be up but the operators are going to use a
non-listed prefix and I'd like to be able to find out from my logging
program whether I've worked them or not.

Thanks

Henry WA0GOZ

Your logging program likely has a file that is attached to it somewhere
that lists the prefixes and the country it belongs too.

Let me check program or two.. YPLog had a countries.tab file, it
contains the info but you'd need to import it into a spreadsheet and
work on it a bit before you could use it

But just type the call into the log and it will tell you what country if
you want to go that way..

Thanks, but I want to go the other way. I want to put in a country and get
the prefixes. I'm using Logger 32.

Henry WA0GOZ