Old April 7th 11, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default 40/15M dipole question

On 4/6/2011 9:07 PM, John - KD5YI wrote:

Hi, Tom -

As far as I am aware, using an odd number of segments in a wire allows
the source to be placed in the center of a segment with equal numbers of
segments on each side.

Think of it this way: a source needs to be in the middle of a segment.
So, you need an even number of segments on each side to keep everything
balanced. If so, then the total number of segments needs to be odd.

If this does not make sense, please ask again and I'll try with more
detail.

Cheers,
John

Thanks! I guess I'll have to look into the docs a bit to educate myself.

tom
K0TAR