Old April 7th 11, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gary[_5_] Gary[_5_] is offline

Default 40/15M dipole question

On Apr 7, 7:00*am, " wrote:
Thank you for the response, folks. *I appreciate it.

........and *OUCH!!!.......

The swr is higher than I had hoped for. *I was hoping *to use *a duo-
band *15/40 meter wire dipole *that could be fed directly with 50 ohm
coax connected to my Yaesu FT-450AT with internal tuner.

But the FT 450 AT *internal tuner will only match up to a 3:1 swr, so
that won't be "do-able".

Thank you again......

FjLee * * * * KA0FPJ
Denver CO

See QST Dec. 1991 Hints and Kinks. The author cut the dipole for the
low end of 40M~67' and used a Q section of RG59 cut for 21 MHZ to
improve the match on 15M.

Gary N4AST