Old April 8th 11, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alejandro Lieber Alejandro Lieber is offline

Default 40/15M dipole question

On 04/07/2011 10:47 AM, Gary wrote:
On Apr 7, 7:00 am, wrote:
Thank you for the response, folks. I appreciate it.

........and OUCH!!!.......

The swr is higher than I had hoped for. I was hoping to use a duo-
band 15/40 meter wire dipole that could be fed directly with 50 ohm
coax connected to my Yaesu FT-450AT with internal tuner.

But the FT 450 AT internal tuner will only match up to a 3:1 swr, so
that won't be "do-able".

Thank you again......

FjLee KA0FPJ
Denver CO

See QST Dec. 1991 Hints and Kinks. The author cut the dipole for the
low end of 40M~67' and used a Q section of RG59 cut for 21 MHZ to
improve the match on 15M.

Gary N4AST

A very simple solution in:

http://www.astrosurf.com/luxorion/qsl-g5rv-2.htm

Near the end, look for:

How to tune a 40-meter dipole antenna on 15 meters ?

Alejandro Lieber LU1FCR
Rosario Argentina

Real-Time F2-Layer Critical Frequency Map foF2:
http://1fcr.com.ar