Old March 5th 04, 06:20 AM
Robert C Monsen

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message
Hi all,

I need a simple design for a BPF with a centre frequency of 17.2Mhz.,
corner frequencies one Meg or therabouts either side of that and a
reasonably good shape factor (nothing critical here). I don't mind
having to do a bit of tweaking of values myself if anyone has
something close to that they can post. Passive L/C combinations only,
please. (assume the usual 50R nominal Zs.)
Thanks,

p.
--

The BBC: Licensed at public expense to spread lies.

Download the freeware filter design software from

http://www.nuhertz.com/

Their UI is, uh, colorful, but it seems to work. Pay attention to the source
and load impedance. Also, it doesn't like 'engineering' notation (eg:
17.2Meg), so use scientific notation like 17.2e6 instead.

The freeware only designs filters to 3rd order, so if you need better than
that, either dig it out of a book or buy the software. However, it does both
passive and active filters. Its a bargain at twice the price...

Regards,
Bob Monsen