Old April 11th 11, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
dave dave is offline

Default WHLO studio picture

Spammy wrote:
"Dave Boland" wrote in message
The link below is supposed to be a picture of the WHLO studio in the mid
60's. Can anyone confirm this, the year, and who the DJ is?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/radio_d...02890/sizes/l/

I have my doubts. Most radio stations have some sort of banner and logo
that is displayed for any pictures, which I don't see. I also doubt that
the picture was mid 60's because continuous loop tapes were in use in the
early 60's, and there are none to be seen. Finally, all the coffee
suggests that this was a late-night or over-night shift, which WHLO didn't
have.

Dave,

Cart storage: lower left

Cart decks: portions of two showing middle left

That looks like air vents to a reel to reel unit, and the thing that
looks like a cart looks too long to be one. Still, it could be. The
units I remember at WHLO (newer studios in Fairlawn) were to the left of
the console and were a stack of 4 I think. Of course, that was a quick
glance from the late 60's, so I could be wrong.

Oh, and thanks for the analysis David Kaye.

Dave,