Old April 15th 11, 06:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella[_2_] Sal M. Onella[_2_] is offline

Default PV Inverter interferance

On Apr 6, 5:25*am, "Peter" wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has experience interference from Solar Power
Inverters.
I'm currently access various inverters and noticed that the Kaco
Powador-4202 uses a high frequency isolation transformer, so I'm
particularly interested in experience with this model, but also keen to hear
general experience with these domestic solar power systems.

http://kaco-newenergy.de/en/site/312...te/details.xml

Regards

Peter

http://members.optushome.com.au/vk6ysf/vk6ysf/main.htm

I think if you have a noisy one, you have reason to complain -- and
get satisfaction. I used to work in a US Navy office building.
Although "domestic" doesn't apply, it did have a large PV array
installed. After it was running, I took a portable AM radio on the
roof and I had to get within inches of the array to get any hash at
all. I swept the dial to be sure; also walked around to check several
places. Sorry, the controller equipment was locked away. No close-up
test possible.

By contrast, I use a small switching PS for my 220 handheld on our
local Net Night. If I don't unplug it, I'm reminded by my S-meter as
soon as we move to HF. It is one noisy, little bugger.

"Sal"
(KD6VKW)