Old December 4th 03, 08:16 PM
Richard Harrison

Richard Clark wrote:
"The only points of interest are found in the data and the limits of
error that surround it."

Richard Clark is among other things an expert in measurements. Others
may find other points of interest in things which don`t intrest Richard.

For me, a simple go or no-go scale may be good enough. Regardless of
precision, the ultimate decision often must boil doewn to a simple yes
or no.

If my recollection is right, Yuri presented a photo of a loading coil in
action which had functioning r-f thermoammeters, one at each coil end.
Their readings were significantly different. This may not be conclusive,
but were I to see it often in various applications, I`d likely be
persuaded that currents are likely different at opposite ends of an
antenna loading coil sited in the middle of an antenna conductor.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI