Old March 8th 04, 05:55 PM
Henry Kolesnik

After several calls to the factory I was able to find someone who had a book
on the codes. Here's what he gave me when he figured out what number was
important.
2116 = 1uF @ 50V
2064 = 6.8uF @ 35V
2139 = 18uF @ 50V
2031 = 22 uF @ 15V
2017 = 33uF @ 10V
2004-J = 47uF @ 6V
2035 = 68uF @ 15V
2021 = 100uF @ 10V
I've measured several on two different capacitor meters and all read close
to what the factory told me. I wonder why they coded the values with
numbers that don't make any sense? Military intellligence?
73
Hank WD5JFR

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
news
At a hamfest I picked up a bunch of what I think are axial lead tubular
metal case tantalum capacitors by Kemet. Case size B and C. I'm going to
call Kemet tomorrow but in the mean time I wonder if anyone can decipher

the
code the capacitance and voltage.
+M 39003 01-2035 7440MB 31433 JM, it measures 70 microfarads
+M390003 01-2021 7452MD 31433 MW , it measures 17 microfards
M390003 01-K 2017 7426MA 31433 JA, it measures 33 microfarads

From the Kemet website I know that M390003 is mil-spec and the 31433 is

the
source code whatever that means. I think the last two letters are the

date
code but the 01-XXX and XXMX escape me but I'd guess it's the stuff I want
to know! Any help appreciated.

73
Hank WD5JFR