Old March 9th 04, 08:23 AM
Tom Sevart

"Guy" wrote in message
m...
when I lived in Reno, NV there was a person who was not very friendly
on the radio. He was always getting drunk and once he was full of
liquid courage, would swear, throw dead carriers, drive the drivers
and us locals crazy. So a cb/ham operator made a device that was real
small,,,it was placed in close proximity to his house, within 1/4
mile. When he would key up on ch-19, it would start a audio carrier
that was intermittant,,it was like a pulse for 5-7 minutes, he would
key up again and once again get this pulsating tone, is the best way
to describe it. Needless to say he cleaned up his act, and started to
come around. So now I am in willamette valley and have the same
problem. the person who made that "toy" has passed on,so now I am
looking to get something of the same concept made. Any ideas? JPT.

Kind of sounds like another CB urban legend to me. Usually only the
receiver is mixed with 455 kHz, not the transmitter. And I've found that
most CB LO's are at 10.240 mHz. You could easily construct a transmitter
for that frequency but not legally operate it.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS