Old April 22nd 11, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Tower hinge, would this work?

On Apr 21, 6:48*am, david wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:58:08 -0700, stryped rearranged some electrons to
say:

My idea is to make some sort of hinge so I could lower it over and raise
it.

Google "fold over tower" or "hinge base tower" to see what the rest of
the world does.

Really cant get my head wrapped around most of the discription but two
feet in the ground for the supports probably isnt enough. We have a
30ft tower at work with a pretty light load Omni UHF antenna and it is
8 ft in the ground.

Jimmie