Old April 22nd 11, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_6_] John Smith[_6_] is offline

Default Upper Mid West Goes Full On Fascist (Steve puts on his brownshirt)

On 4/21/2011 3:55 PM, dxAce wrote:

As far as I know there will be no gutting of Social Security as I know it and am
currently collecting. However, as I calculated a few weeks ago, I could continue
to draw my current benefit out of savings for 198 months and that doesn't even
include what I receive from my two pensions.

My standard advice to all: Go to work and save and invest your money. If
necessary get two jobs. Bottom line, save as best as you can, and do your best
to avoid living paycheck to paycheck.

Excellent advice for public service workers protected by unions,
longshoremen still with a strong union, excellent wages, adequate
benefits and retirement, for small business owners (a disappearing
breed), people like me who worked union and had my own small business
(transferring it to family now I am retired), etc. but not so good for
the 18%+ who are unemployed in my area. They are not unemployed because
they want to be, but simply because their jobs are in china, india,
indonesia, etc.

Working two jobs has always meant putting together full employment for
yourself, even if it takes two jobs, until you have a ~40-48 hr. work
week. Now, the slave masters have stepped in and they are expecting
people to work 80 hr work weeks! Insanity! I only did this when it was
my own business, my boss was myself, I had complete control over my
working conditions, I chose the people to help me (employees), my hours,
breaks, etc., and I got all the profits from my intensive labors. I
have to admit, I would have NEVER done that for two minimum wage jobs
.... one of my neighbors is doing that, it is hard to watch ... a year
and a half of watching him and I can't see him getting ahead at all, he
fears being laid off one job as I write this. I think what he has been
though would have killed most men.

If you have a problem, and you apply a fix --- and you still have the
problem, so you reapply the fix ... at some point, it becomes obvious,
the problem is the fix and NOT the problem!

We will know, almost immediately, when the right things start being done
.... from that point on, things will only get better ... that stands in
stark comparison to conditions now ...

Regards,
JS