Old April 23rd 11, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Upper Mid West Goes Full On Fascist (Steve puts on his brownshirt)

Joe from Kokomo wrote:

On 4/23/2011 7:52 AM, dxAce wrote:

Another take on the Benton Harbor story:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/04/column.html

Thanks for the reference -- an interesting article.

Please note that the article clearly points out TWO *SEPARATE* ISSUES,
the park and the dictator. I thought that I was very clear that *my*
main concern was the "dictator" issue, and on this it seems that the
author of the article, Julie Mack, and I are in complete agreement. She
says:

"What happened last week: Harris notified the Benton Harbor City
Commission and other city boards that he's using the revamped law to
assume *dictatorial powers* over city operations."

"That certainly is causing a stir. But it's a separate issue from the
controversy involving Jean Klock Park."

"Are there reasons to be upset about what's happening in Benton Harbor?
Absolutely."

Final note: Please realize that although Harris was appointed by the
Democrat Granholm, he got his dictatorial powers from Snyder, the
Republican.

OK, so he was appointed by Granholm. What did she APPOINT him to DO?

"Hey, Harris, get your butt over to Benton Harbor and wait for a Republican
Governor and then we'll whine about it."