Old December 5th 03, 01:16 AM
Peter O. Brackett

Art:

[snip]
Frankly I don't see that 'What" term in my books or in the
newespapers so I presume it must be a Cajun type dielect that
is used in the swamps or something. You used it a lot when you ran
Chip off the group but since I don't know what you are talking about
I will stay on even tho Ian and Roy have now fled.
Art

[snip]

Heh, heh... Well, I got the term "What?" and that particular usage from my
then...
teenage sons, both now in their mid-thirties, but no grandchildren, What?

"Cajun", heh, heh... Hey... I was born in the "real" Acadia [Nova Scotia]
and so was formerly a British Subject. I left for the "colonies" lo these
many years ago and I am no longer taxed without representation. Since
I immigrated, I have always lived in the "Deep South".

I have been to "Luzianne" and "Nawlins" often and I have many
Cajun friends. I have been properly introduced to "crab boils", "pulled
pork" and the pleasures of cayenne pepper and "crawdads".

But... I have never "run off" any real persons, only pretentious, oafs
flouting advanced University degrees!

Best Regards,
--
Peter K1PO