Old April 28th 11, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Severe Weather.

On 04/28/2011 06:22 AM, wrote:
California is the place to be! California is not for me.
Go West, young man, Go West! ~ Horace Greely.
cuhulin

I am here because no one will pay me to play with radios and stuff in
other places. Also the weather is very nice. When the earthquake happens
all my stuff will still be right here, dry and in one piece. I don't
hang glass on the wall. I don't have heavy tall cabinets. I have
latching arrangements on the kitchen cabinets. My water heater is
strapped to the garage wall in 4 places. I have a scissors jack putting
tension on the bottom of my furnace (against the flue riser pipe thing)
to keep that from falling over and ripping a gas line.

It's possible this thing could jump off the slab, but unlikely as we
don't get them much bigger than 7, 7.5 tops. Give or take.