Old April 30th 11, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default like not trusting sand

On 4/30/2011 1:41 AM, Hils wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Welfare for getting fat? That is all you gotta do?

Krist, I am heading to the stores now for a couple gallon tubs of ice
cream and some candy bars!

The UK government is reassessing the 2.6 million people on sickness
payments, and the miraculous new cure-all is work. Chronic depression?
Back to work. Chronic fatigue? Back to work. Obese? Back to work.
Cancer? Work. There are already 2.5 million healthy people out of work,
and the trend is still upwards with more public and private sector
redundancies on the way.

A generation ago the government started putting relatively fit people
onto sickness payments so that they wouldn't appear in the unemployment
statistics. (The real figure is about 15%.) Now that bankers have taken
trlllions out fo the economy, the new government seems to think that 5
million people, many of whom haven't worked for many years, if at all,
can just go out and find work.

Pay fatties to stay at home or do rehab or whatever it is they do until
they're employable and there are jobs available. I'm not sure I want any
more 150kg bags of blubber wandering around in public or shudder
sitting next to me on the train. It's overcrowded enough here already.

WOW!

If you have that kind of employment there, I am telling Americans here
to apply for british citizenship. When decent paying jobs here are
advertised the lines stretch out for blocks!

Most business doing this once, won't advertise the jobs that way again.
Instead, hiring an employment agency to find their employees.

Regards,
JS