Old May 11th 11, 05:13 AM
AB1JX AB1JX is offline
Junior Member

If you still have this PDF I'd be interested. I've just bought one on eBay and the seller's description says the belt is slipping, which may mean the motor is worn out. I've got DX-390 manuals, but I'd like details on the cassette part. The radio is in the mail (I haven't seen it yet). It's the Sangean 818cs.

Thank you,

Alan, AB1JX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Radio View Post
wiil e-mail to anyone that wants it.

in PDF with the schematic diagram.

it is the for the Sangean ATS-818 CS

and the Radio Shack DX-392 is the same radio.

these are the versions with the cassette recorder/player in them.

but the schematic for the radio section should be the same for the
ATS-818 and DX-390

there are a few differences in the way the external antenna socket is
wired for these radios.
the first version has a stereo jack for the antenna jack, and and
external LW and MW antenna can be hooked up.

http://www.angelfire.com/de/RadioAna...iorepairs.html