Old May 14th 11, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wimpie[_2_] Wimpie[_2_] is offline

Default Transmitter Output Impedance

On 14 mayo, 22:48, Richard Clark wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2011 12:16:00 -0700 (PDT), Wimpie
wrote:

I just thought you made some error in converting your thoughts into
sentences (we are just humans), but maybe the error was in the
thoughts already.

At the risk of removing a snippet from context, and simplifying in
language and construction:

BELOW a
* * * * transition frequency
audio amps source rated at LOW Z sourcing high power into HIGH Z loads
work.

ABOVE that
* * * * transition frequency
retail Amateur transmitters source rated at LOW Z sourcing high power
into HIGH Z loads
* * * * do not work.

I wonder if that works (sic) with these statements reversed?

Bonus question:

What is the transition frequency?

Both questions can be simply answered: the first with a binary
response, the other with a numerical response (two place precision is
OK - even one place precision is sufficient).

This is the price of subject drift:
* * "AF amp specs as proof of RF amp performance."
What a work of obscurity.

You can challenge the premise, of course; but to reduce rambling
thoughts driven by subject drift, and to remain on topic: