Old May 20th 11, 07:19 PM posted to ba.broadcast.moderated,rec.radio.broadcasting
Patty Winter[_2_] Patty Winter[_2_] is offline

Default Journalists visit Family Radio HQ (while they can)

A couple of articles about the situation at Family Radio HQ in Oakland
as the organization's leaders prepare for the Rapture tomorrow:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/us/20bcjames.html

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...end/index.html

Here's a shorter version of the Salon link: http://salon.com/a/sazYfAA

The Salon article has a link to an image of a memo that Harold Camping
sent out saying that all employees would have a paid day off today, but
the station (KEAR 610KHz here in the Bay Area) is still on the air, so
clearly someone is there today. Unless they just set everything to run
automatically until 6:00 p.m. on Saturday...

BTW, I thought I saw another article that said the headquarters were in
Alameda, but both of those articles say Oakland. Whatever.

Tempting as it may be (and believe me, I'm biting my typing fingers
myself to keep from saying more about this situation!), please restrict
follow-ups to the subject of Family Radio network itself, as that's the
only on-topic aspect for BABM and RRB.

Patty