Old May 21st 11, 05:48 AM posted to ba.broadcast.moderated,rec.radio.broadcasting
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Journalists visit Family Radio HQ (while they can)

On May 20, 5:30*pm, John T wrote:
* Patty Winter wrote, On 5/20/2011 11:19 AM:

The crowd mentality was like a class of kindergartners doing a pee-pee
dance from excitement- a veritable going away party. Our own TV staff,
none of whom are Campingites, refused to accept food or drink from any
of the celebrants. We have not forgotten November 1978 and *that*
group of committed faithful. (We did, however, bring our own pizza and
cupcakes!)

Does John T mean 1994? Or was there an earlier end of the world?

About a half hour before Open Forum, Camping came into the studio by a
different route than usual, avoiding a gathering crowd.

Man, I wanted to hear that. I tuned in KEAR during the day, but all I
heard was a health program followed by rather apocalyptic tunes.

I don't know what will be the state of affairs come Monday morning as
far as our jobs with Family Stations, Inc. are concerned. As I've
previously posted, my inner predictor swings wildly between total
collapse and attempting business as usual. I'm going with the latter
until I can't. I'm old enough that I really have no desire to be
looking for a job that I'd be unlikely to find anyway, in the current
economic climate.

I can say that the great, anguished "Noooooo!" you hear on Sunday
morning will be Camping's adoring followers waking up to an unchanged
world. Hell on earth will have begun indeed for many of them.

John T worked there in 1994, I believe. I would expect a repeat of
whatever happened then. As far as jobs, there is no shortage of
Jesuscasters -- maybe JT could get picked up by K-Love, or Air One.