Old May 21st 11, 06:28 AM posted to ba.broadcast.moderated,rec.radio.broadcasting
Patty Winter Patty Winter is offline

Default Journalists visit Family Radio HQ (while they can)

In article ,
John T wrote:

_Firsthand Account From Family Radio_

The whole day was circus-like, and uncomfortable. It was nearly
impossible to get any real work done, and most of the "faithful"
present had no intention of working anyway. The number of people
entering and leaving our building (not the main headquarters across
the parking lot) was greater than at any time since we moved there.
Headquarters itself was a virtual ghost town.

How many people work at FR? And about how many of those do you think
do or don't expect to come back to work on Monday?

Our own TV staff, none of whom are Campingites,

TV staff? FR has TV shows, too? I don't see any TV stations listed
on their "Stations" page.

I don't know what will be the state of affairs come Monday morning as
far as our jobs with Family Stations, Inc. are concerned.

I think it's safe to say that the facilities will still be there. The
question will be whether any of the leaders will want to show their
faces again to keep their programming` on the air...

So who's feeding the network now? The same staff that's always on
duty on weekends?

Thank you very much for the first-hand report, John.

Patty