Old May 23rd 11, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default NVIS and VHF?

On Mon, 23 May 2011 11:46:58 -0500, John KD5YI
wrote:

On 5/23/2011 10:46 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2011 20:56:52 -0500, John
wrote:

You may be right, Jeff. But he may not have 120ft redwoods around and,
after all, this is a temporary fix until his yagi comes in.

Ummm... I don't think the yagi is on order.

Now you are just being argumentative.

Not really. Methinks that you're being overly defensive. My litmus
test is "duz it answer the OP's question"? If not, you're wasting
your bytes. By asking for help with the design and contruction of a
yagi, it appears that the author is planning to build his own yagi. I
haven't seen any mention of a structure, pole, or tower, so that will
also need to be constructed. Perhaps also a rotator. Methinks
temporary might be a long time.

I never said it was on order. The
OP said he was planning to put one up. Therefore, it will most likely
come in some day.

At this point, I think were suppose to debate the definition of
temporary. I think I'll pass.

I'll bet you are still waiting for your boat to come in.

Nope, no waiting. I let the computah do that for me.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
The station I'm slightly involved with is at:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/stationdetails.aspx?station_id=112
Watching the VHF propagation effects are fascinating.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D