Old May 24th 11, 09:09 PM posted to ba.broadcast.moderated,rec.radio.broadcasting
David Kaye David Kaye is offline

Default There will be live Open Forum tonight.

"spamtrap1888" wrote

What struck me from the news coverage was Camping's shrugging off any
responsibility for people who changed their economic position in
reliance on his prediction. "That's between them and God," he said.

I have no problem with that. KGO runs an ad for back yard paving stones and
urges "the next 10 callers" to buy them. Nobody here would chastise KGO or
its advertiser for telling people to go out and buy the paving stones.

So, why should people get their undies in a knot when Harold Camping DOES
NOT tell people to drain their bank accounts? I don't know how many of you
have listened to Harold Camping over the years, but I have, not much but
just once in awhile to keep in touch with that he's doing. I have never
ever heard him tell people to drain their bank accounts, to go on lavish
vacations, to run up credit card debt, or for that matter even to give to
Family Radio. Now, what they do in direct mail may be something different,
but on the air the most they've done is offer free pamphlets and Bible
tracts.