Old December 5th 03, 05:21 PM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

Peter,
I have read your posting again and again
without commic thoughts to the term 'What'
and I have no intention of following 'Doc"
I do see that you are educated as I believe I am,
tho I am not a Doctor.
But where you and I differ is in philosophy.
One can become educated by following the crowd
and concentrate on what is necessary to pass the exam.
By the same token one can do the same but place attention to what is
pushed aside as being inconsequential in terms of general useage ans
inductance
pretty much fits into that bracket, whereas even the inconsequental
information is also pursued by the inquisitive.
To make money in life one can push aside what is inconsequential
but if you are inquisitive it is often the study of what is placed on
the cutting room floor that provides inovation, the latter is what I
do.
Now let us consider my model and since you are educated I can cut some
corners.
When looking at antennas current is everything so that is where
inovation starts.
An examle where current can be changed is a simple transformere.
It has two seperate circuits and it satisfies lawas of E = I R
( add cos phi if you want to )but what it does do that one doesn't
normally thing off is to add the function of coupling.
Link coupling when coils are wound on top of each other or proximity
coupling when wound on separate bobbins. So thinking outside of the
box we have a model that matches its power input, has two circuits
that are connected and suplies a means for high current flow. All of
this is down to COUPLING....
Now this tyransformer model provides exactly what the World requires
of an antenna and pushes aside physical dimensions such as wavelength,
radials e.t.c. I know ...there is nothing new.....
Now apply that same thinking to the subject of antennas.
We have an equivalent item that we use for matching purposes and
that is a pi network. Now we have the means of providing matching
to an antenna with capacitance etc. to provide an output
but remember what we called inconsequential about lumped items which
are really attempts to remove what we originally disliked ala coupled
networks.
By coupling circuits ( networks) we can maintain ideal input matching,
increase current into a desired circuit and because it is a circuit
it will radiate. And do it very well with high efficiency as well as
meeting the reqirement for high radiation by virtue of the increased
current.

Now this model or way of thought is new but it is a different
application
of the known that is considered inconsequential and thus is not seen
in books
that is written for crowd followers. Should one discard a model
just because it is not in a book ? Not if you are inquisitive, you
then make
such a system that has all these desirably qualities and enjoy your
efforts
while others who rely only on books or exercise their mouths poke fun
because to them it is unknown.
I HAVE THAT ANTENNA AND IT WORKS EXACTLY CCORDING TO KNOWN THEORY
you are welcome to point out any fallacies as why it shouldn't
or can't work as I believe it is the new horizon for antennas
and experimental work.
Regards
Art