Old March 21st 04, 03:23 AM
Charles R. Ott

Paul,

You need to look at powdered iron cores instead of ferrites.

K5HJ

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've been trawling through my various catalogues tonight looking for
toroids that might be suitable to wind hi-Q inductors around, but am
disappointed to see that all the stuff on offer seems to be geared
around interference suppression and is consequently - I assume - very
lossy material. Does anyone know of a source in the UK that can supply
small, *low-loss* toroids by the dozen to the hobbyist via mail order?

Thanks,

p.
--

The BBC: Licensed at public expense to spread lies.