Old May 31st 11, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default WTB: Collins F455J-? Mechanical Filters

Edmund H. Ramm wrote:
In (Scott Dorsey) writes:

Rockwell-Collins still makes the size J filters. From the 2005 catalogue:
[...]

Dave Curry Longwave Product's mechanical filters (exact replacements
for Collins ones) reportedly have less insertion loss and better skirts.
See Electric Radio magazine for more info.

Does 'better' mean tighter or less ringing?

There are sure times when I wish I had a less nasty-sounding filter for
AM on the R-390.
--scott