Old March 21st 04, 05:11 PM
Paul Burridge

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:02:18 GMT, "W3JDR" wrote:

Airy,
What you said would be relevant only if you were trying to determine circuit
losses due to "unloaded" Q of the components. I believe Paul is trying to
determine the 'loaded" Q in order to obtain best selectivity (narrowest
bandwidth). Is this true Paul?

Some clarification is necessary!
The application is the tank in a frequency multiplier.
I am seeking to select for the 5th harmonic. Therefore, the tank needs
to have as little loss as possible given the fact that the 5th will be
way down dB-wise on the fundamental. I can't afford to attenuate it
too much as it's already weak to begin with. Ergo, I need the lowest
loss components and the best selectivity for the desired 5th harmonic.
Thanks,

p.
--

The BBC: Licensed at public expense to spread lies.