Old March 21st 04, 05:29 PM
Airy R. Bean

Mr.Turner's outburst below says, perhaps, more about his own
psyche than he intended to reveal?

There is no "self-centred, holier-than-thou" proclamation
that I am "vastly superior" ..... "to the unwashed masses" in what
I assert.

In my book, _ALL_ comers of whatever race, colour, creed,
occupation, previous pursuits, are welcome to join the technical
pursuit that is Ham Radio, and in so doing, to tackle and pass the
examinations that are set to guarantee technical competence.

Those that demonstrate their technical motivation and competence
are welcome as Radio Hams. Those that lack either attribute are
not Radio hams by any stretch of the imagination.

The mobile phone and the CB transceiver cater for such non-Hams.

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:46:51 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:
I hope you will not allow it to happen to you on your side of the
"pond"! All the signs are there and the same loud-mouthed agitators
are rattling at the gates.
:-(

I hope it doesn't happen here, too. However, Airyhead and his like are
not the solution to the problem. His (their) self-centered,
holier-than-thou attitude will only make the CB'ers more strident than
ever.
He might be a good technical guy (maybe) but he is a lousy psychologist.
You can not convince people of the rightness of your cause by
proclaiming how vastly superior you are to the unwashed masses.