Old March 21st 04, 04:31 PM
Airy R. Bean

No. It is not short-sighted. Ham Radio is a technical
pursuit with technical privileges and I wish it to remain so.
Any sitting-on-the-sidelines while the Mongolian hordes
of turnip-brained CBers pour in is ill-advised because the
powers-that-be will come to perceive Ham Radio to have
become indistinguishable from CB Radio and the technical
privileges will be in danger of being withdrawn.

Far from being short-sighted, the viewpoint that I
express is long-sighted.

"Dr. Anton T. Squeegee" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
For those of you who have the necessary technical
motivation to understand how things work, have become
interested in Ham Radio but are confused by the
attitudes and activities of those who are really no
more than CBers-Masquerading-As-Radio-Hams,
I append a short article explaining the difference.....

For someone who claims such a broad base of knowledge, your
viewpoint is pretty short-sighted.