Old June 4th 11, 09:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.video.satellite.dbs,rec.video.satellite.tvro,alt.dss.hack,alt.dbs.echostar.hack
moronsbegone moronsbegone is offline

Default balcony railing mount for DBS dish

Not only that, If he uses NO nails or drills NO holes for screws
he is not adding to the structure perminantly witch is a no no
[common sense]. I would use a series of clamps, and not leave it
up in bad weather or when I am away , seems as though temporary
would be a better aproach. I'm having alot of luck using mine
indoors LoL.

If your landlord wants to be difficult, he can
prohibit the railing mounts - legally (assuming you're
in the U.S.). The railing is not considered part of
the unit or the Exclusive Use area. It is part of the
exterior of the building. Even condo CC&Rs that I
have seen explicitly state that balcony railings are
NOT part of the unit owned or rented. Furthermore, he
can prevent it by safety considerations by claiming
that it presents a hazard of falling off onto people
below. Since approval of a railing mount may pose a
liability risk for the building owner, he may bring up
the heavy legal artillery against you. If I were
in your position, I'd make a cheap tripod and mount
the feet in cement blocks (just pour quickset cement
into a plastic bucket) on the balcony, and then mount
the dish to the tripod.

*TimDaniels*