Old June 4th 11, 07:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.conspiracy,sci.skeptic,sci.military.naval,rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Casanova Bob Casanova is offline

Default JFK Admits in secret OVal Office Recording...Moon landing was FAKE

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:23:12 -0700, the following appeared
in sci.skeptic, posted by John Smith :

On 6/3/2011 3:18 PM, HVAC wrote:
On 6/3/2011 1:15 PM, Bob Casanova wrote:

space = (truly) empty

If that were true you might have a point, but it's not.

Google "space" and "virtual particles"; too many hits to
cite.

Space doesn't bend, the ether does

There is no ether.

... I mean, DUH! How can "nothing" bend?

Space isn't "nothing".

This sounds exactly like a discussion I had a while
back on the astronomy group. Why some people just love
ether is beyond me. If something (ether) needs not be
used in any way as a value in a computation, why use
it at all? ...If you kick the tires and look under the
hood of these ethertards, you'll find a god believer as
well.

Well, makes more sense than throwing in the rotation interval of the
earth into equations NOT dealing with the earth! And, it has nothing to
do with anything, except the rotation of the earth. The UTF will
probably be discovered right around the time we learn to understand the
ether ...

Besides, we will never know how radio waves (or any other waves, for
that matter) transverse and are propagated by the ether though space.

EM radiation doesn't require a propagation medium.

Most likely, will lead to a whole new area of physics, math and devices
which utilize the properties, once we understand them.

You argument sounds familiar, "You don't have to be a mechanic to drive
a car." The areas where that argument fail are also quite apparent ...

--

Bob C.

"Evidence confirming an observation is
- McNameless