Old March 22nd 04, 06:48 PM
Tom Bruhns

It's sad but true that some manufacturers use "560" to indicate 56pF
and some use "560" to indicate 560pF. I've fretted over this same
thing in the past. I have examples of both. Fortunately, the trend
seems to be toward the usage that, as you say, is common sense. Too
bad it has not been universal.

Cheers,
Tom

"J Shrum" wrote in message ...
I spent the morning parusing google groups, and found many different answers
for the same question.

What I'm trying to understand is; on a disk capacitor that is labeled 560,
common sense would tell me 56pf instead of 560pf since 561 on a cap would be
560pf.

Many have asked, but no one ever gave a definate answer. Can anyone give me
a definate answer on this?

Thanks for the assistance

James Shrum
KC9FFX