Old June 8th 11, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael[_10_] Michael[_10_] is offline

Default Any ideas on the screen reflector size for a Lazy H antenna?

I've noticed several sites (and books) show screen reflectors for
various multiple driven element broadside arrays, but I have not seen
any dimensions given for a screen reflector. I am aware that a
parasitic reflector for a yagi is about 5% longer than the driven
element. Is the same true for a screen reflector for a broadside
array like the Lazy H antenna?

For instance, since the total length for the two top horizontal 1/2
wave elements in a Lazy H are generally 1 wavelength long plus the
width of the center insulator does that mean a screen reflector should
be roughly 5% longer than the total side to side width of the Lazy H
antenna? Also is the best spacing between the Lazy H and the screen
reflector the typical 0.2 wavelength shown for a Yagi beam antenna
driven element and the parasitic reflector? If not is there a formula
for determining the width and height of the screen reflector as well
as the spacing between the Lazy H and the screen reflector for a
broadside array like a Lazy H?

Thanks,

Michael Rawls
KS4HY