Old March 22nd 04, 04:46 PM
Tim Wescott

"J Shrum" wrote in message
I spent the morning parusing google groups, and found many different

answers
for the same question.

What I'm trying to understand is; on a disk capacitor that is labeled 560,
common sense would tell me 56pf instead of 560pf since 561 on a cap would

be
560pf.

Many have asked, but no one ever gave a definate answer. Can anyone give

me
a definate answer on this?

Thanks for the assistance

James Shrum
KC9FFX

I have capacitors marked "330" that are 33pF, and capacitors marked "330"
that are 330pF. If it's xx1, xx2, etc., then you can trust it, but if it's
xx0 and you don't know that manufacturer's numbering scheme then you should
measure it!