Old June 9th 11, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Standing waves on antenna, doubts!

"Camelot" napisal w wiadomosci
Hello, I have some doubts about standing waves on antennas that I hope

you could clarify!
As far as I understood, in a generic transmission line where we want
only carry power from a source to a load, we need to cancel the
reflected wave by adapting the load with the impedance of the line.
The result of this operation is S11=S22=0 and VWWR=1 that means no
standing waves.

"VWWR=1 means no doubled voltage.

As far as I understood, in an antenna we want to also avoid standing
waves by having VWWR=1 in order to avoid overloading problem to the
power stage...
From theory I know that the best radiating condition for an antenna is

when it resonates, that is, when there is a standing wave… is that
correct?

Standing wave is if the electrons reflects from the end.

How this condition is compatible with a VWWR=1 (no standing

waves) for a good antenna matching? Is there something that I’m not
catching?

You simply do not know Tesla's discovery. Transmitting antennas are the
electrons guns.

In poor antenna the voltage is doubled (at ends) and you have the standing
waves.
In perfect antenna electrons jump off from the ends of a dipole and the
voltage is not doubled.
Of course Tesla's antenna radiate the alternate electric field.
S*