Old June 13th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default Reflection coefficient for total re-reflection

On 6/13/2011 12:34 PM, Cecil Moore wrote:
On Jun 13, 1:55 pm, wrote:
It doesn't make any sense to me to put a shorted
section of line in series with another line, so my confusion starts.

Tom, I didn't know initially that the example was in "Reflections
III". A series stub can be used instead of a loading coil on a wire
antenna. I had never seen a series stub used in such a manner on a
transmission line and that's why I was confused. I'm assuming that the
center conductor is broken and one side is connected to the inner
conductor and one side is connected to the braid on a stub, but I am
not sure that is correct. There's got to be a less complicated example
that we can use.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Here is a small handout, with a smith chart example!

--

Regards,
JS