Old March 23rd 04, 01:48 PM
Hans Summers

"J Shrum" wrote in message
I spent the morning parusing google groups, and found many different

answers
for the same question.

What I'm trying to understand is; on a disk capacitor that is labeled 560,
common sense would tell me 56pf instead of 560pf since 561 on a cap would

be
560pf.

Many have asked, but no one ever gave a definate answer. Can anyone give

me
a definate answer on this?

Thanks for the assistance

I agree with everyone else James...

having said that, I don't have a C meter myself and I use a lot of
components recycled from old boards, and I've never yet had a problem. In
fact I've never even thought about it, I just rely on intuition. Seems to
work Ok. I suspect there are a number of subconscious variables that go into
this, like the nature and function of the circuit it came from, and probably
most important, what does the capacitor look like! How big is it, what shape
is it (how fat etc)., and how this compares to some other capacitors found
of supposedly similar value which are unambiguously marked.

73

Hans
G0UPL
http://www.HansSummers.com