Old June 16th 11, 06:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default You sure it wasn't Drag Boats, as in racing?

On 6/15/2011 10:50 PM, wrote:
On Jun 15, 6:46 pm, wrote:
On Jun 15, 2:36 pm, wrote:

On 6/15/2011 1:32 PM, wrote: Drag boats, snag boats,,, Who cares? They are in Drag anyway.

WETBACKS/Copper Thieves! Knock down 300 utility poles in California
town.
http://www.drudgereport.com

Antioch,California, somewhars out thataway.Copper Wire is $1.25 per
pound, and thars a Lot of Copper Wire on them thar towers.And those
WETBACKS! are stealing Railroad Tracks too.In NYC, they are stealing
Iron Fences.
cuhulin

- Antioch isn't that big. Did they take all the poles?

Dave That Was Then ...and... This Is Now

Antioch, CA : 30 Sq Miles : 102 K Peoplehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antioch,_Californiahttp://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/67/Contra_Costa_County_Californ...
.
.

Wiki says :31.7% is Hispanic or Latino . I'm afraid Cu-hu-lin may be
right .

You are kidding, right?

I bought an old manufacturing plant for the property. In the buildings
there was a lot of copper, brass, aluminum scrap, etc. The grand kids
got busy and picked out all the copper wire, fittings, pipe, etc. and
took it to the scrap yard where they got somewhere close to 3 bucks a
pound ... if you were to buy it, you'd pay more!

Antioch is only about 30 - 40 miles from me ...

--

Regards,
JS