Old June 17th 11, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K7ITM K7ITM is offline

Default odd coax connector

On Jun 17, 6:33*am, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
I found an adapter in my junk box that goes from a BNC to something similar
to a male N type. *It will not mate up to a female N connector.

A normal N male connector has the center that is just about even with the
shell that screws onto the female end. *This connector has the male part
sticking out about 1/4 of an inch past the shell. *It will fit the female N
connector except when I go to screw them together, there is not enough
threads to mate and make a good mechanical connection.

Anyone know what type of connector this is ?

Two suggestions come to mind. First, have you tried Pasternack's
connector identifier PDF (www.pasternack.com/pdf/catalog/
ConnectorIdentifier.pdf) or equivalent? Second, could it be a damaged
BNC-to-N? It seems strange to have the pin sticking out that far; it
would be inviting damage to the pin.

Cheers,
Tom