Old June 21st 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Burgers and coke at your next antenna party?

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:30:58 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

Funny thing is, well, not really funny ... just the way that article is
written is in the form of the brain washing which usually precedes the
actual action(s!)

Yep. It does sound like a public relations article.

I guess I am the lightweight here, just the thought and reading that
article made me gag ... I thought it would provoke more anger in
Americans ... I mean, if you don't get angry about people eating human
feces, what is there which could possibly anger you?

You might want to travel a little. Most of the links to exotic foods
that I posted were from foreign countries. What we consider inedible
is common elsewhere. For example, in the west, we don't eat bugs
(insects). Yet, the rest of the planet has no problems with bugs.
With our present path toward inevitable doom, it's likely that some
manner of famine might become reality. It's then that we'll need to
expand our list of acceptable foods, or starve. If you've ever
survived a survival class, you'll understand the problem.

I mean, have you ever considered the parasites which commonly inhabit
the human gut, not to mention the dangerous diseases, viruses, fungus,
prions, etc?

Sure, and that's the problem. With farm animals, it's a fair
assumption that the animals feces came from a fairly healthy animal.
With human waste, it's not such a great assumption. The extra junk
found in human feces are not easily processed. (Drugs, Bugs, and
Slugs; also known as medicine, bacteria, and parsites). While it can
be cleaned up with a mix of chemical and alpha-particle sterilization,
that makes it too expensive to be useful. I suspect that's where the
high cost of processing mentioned in the article originated.

And to think, before this, I was worried about GMO foods and getting
them labeled!

Known problems are not worth worrying about. It's problems that are
currently unknown or un-discovered, that are the real problem. That's
the real problem with GMO. We don't know what eating them will do,
therefore, we assume that it will be bad, and should avoid it.

Now I am beginning to feel I am up "synthetic food" creek without a paddle!

We haven't even started talking about mining hydrocarbon compounds,
and cracking them into edible substances. Coal tar derivatives are
just the beginning. You could easily eat coal, with the appropriate
flavor and texture additives.
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ba-1966-0057.ch020

Eat anything with with red dye? It's probably made by boiling
Cochineal bugs. That makes it a "natural" dye:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmine
Yummmmmm....

--
Jeff Liebermann