Old June 21st 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
D@LS D@LS is offline

Default Kenwood ts-450sat

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:37:55 -0700, (Dave Platt) wrote:

In article ,
D@LS / wrote:

Transmits fine, all of a sudden all I receive is static, even on local
commercial AM stations?

Squelch is Full open = Coax is hooked up

Antenna is A3S/A743 Cushcraft Beam = 10-15-20-40 meters.

I aught to hear something other than static.

Could perhaps be any of a number of things, from a blown receiver
front-end (lightning or electrostatic damage?), a loose
connection, defective or loose IF filter, or any of a number of
mis-adjustments in the control setting.

(The first thing I'd try, with that radio, is a microprocessor reset of
(the "Reset everything but the memory channels" variety. Turn the
radio power off, hold down A/B, turn the power on, wait a few seconds,
release A/B. This should reset the radio to its default operating
modes... if you'd accidentally switched some weird setting into some

(oddball mode, this should reset it.

The above was it! THANKS

If you're still stuck in a "Can transmit but cannot receive" mode,
it'd then probably be time for some signal-tracing inside the radio.