Old June 22nd 11, 07:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.conspiracy,alt.atheism,sci.skeptic,rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default As opposed to?

On 6/22/2011 8:07 AM, Colanth wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:08:23 -0500, Free
wrote:

It wasn't "the social agenda", you just had an insane teacher.

Insane religious teacher.

But they were allowed to do that back when. Teaching religious belief
in public schools wasn't only allowed, it was completely legal. (And
if you were a different religion than the one being taught to your
kids, that was tough. Move.)

The documents which grant us franchise on the form of American
government, and our way of life are given us, mainly, in three
documents, The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and The
Bill of Rights. Each preceding document serving as a platform for the
rights and powers granted to the people by each succeeding document.
They give us "creator granted rights" with are inalienable -- they can
neither be given away nor taken away -- they simply can never be "lost",
they are ours for the duration of the life of the universe, as long as
the human race and its' progeny exist. If they are ever forcefully
taken, limited, or harmed, in any way, it our duty, our responsibility
to have no rest until they are firmly regained and established in full
.... this responsibility demands that we be willing to lay down our very
lives in this pursuit, if necessary, and to repay such debts as we owe
to those before us who made such sacrifices for us.

A platform of rules, laws and logic underlays all these, there are very
much inline with "Christian principles", you can play with that anyway
you like ...

Regards,
JS