Old June 23rd 11, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default Quite an interesting development ...

On 6/23/2011 6:10 AM, Cecil Moore wrote:
On Jun 23, 12:13 am, John wrote:
Is it finally a valid way in which we can interact/view the invisible?

Not only does the aether actually exist, it can be photographed. The
error that the old-time physicists made was assuming that the aether
was made of ordinary matter instead of exotic quantum particles.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

I thought you might enjoy that Cecil ... I know you were really worried
that RF would be failing us soon, due to a lack of suitable media ...
ROFLOL!

I am sure you noticed these "jewels in the article:"

"The limit means that more virtual photons exist outside the mirrors
than between them, creating a force that pushes the plates together.
This 'Casimir force' is strong enough at short distances for scientists
to physically measure it." -- From the article, itself.

"David - Dr. Wilson's article (ref. 1 for the article) is the source of
my statement that linear acceleration cannot produce "this effect". It
seems that "this effect" is the dynamical Casimir effect. The Unruh
effect is something different (but definitely related). In any case, I
thank you for your clarification." -- From a post, further down.

Things are happening ... finally the squeeky wheel gets some much needed
maintenance ...

Regards,
JS